Before You Download...
The materials supporting this policy have been carefully developed for and implemented in schools in West Virginia. Before you download materials, please take a moment to read through the usage agreement.
Agreement for Users
Our intent is to use these materials for educational and/or research purposes. We will provide credit to the West Virginia Department of Education, Office of Child Nutrition when reproducing materials in the original or in an adapted form.
The West Virginia Standards for School Nutrition (Policy 4321.1) are available for download at: http://wvde.state.wv.us/nutrition/toolkit/pdfs/Policy%204321-1.pdf
The Year One Evaluation Report, conducted by the West Virginia University Health Research Center, is available for download at: http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/som/hrc/Current-Research/Standard-%20for-School-Nutrition.aspx
The WVSmartFoods.com website can be accessed at http://wvde.state.wv.us/nutrition/toolkit/. This website contains many implementation materials, including:
- Factsheets about the policy in general, as well as specific topics including flavored milk and school meals
- Outreach and marketing materials such a sign-on postcards, posters, and more
- Links to resources for topics addressed by the policy such as healthy fundraising, school celebrations, school snacks, and increasing school meal participation rates
- Media contacts for each county school system
- Links to school recipe databases
- West Virginia county school system success stories
The Implementation Guidance Memos developed by the WV Office of Child Nutrition for and distributed to county food service directors to clarify specific provisions of Policy 4321.1, are available for download at: http://wvde.state.wv.us/nutrition/policies.html
Materials for Download
Mountain State MealTimes