As part of the 2013 Evidence-Based Public Health Course, co-sponsored by the UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (HPDP) and the NC Institute for Public Health (NC IPH), Jennifer Leeman presented an overview of evaluation for local health department staff in a webinar entitled Evaluating the Program or Policy.
The main objectives of this 90-mintue webinar were to:
- understand the basic components of program evaluation;
- describe the differences and unique contributions of quantitative and qualitative evaluation;
- understand the various types of study designs useful in program evaluation;
- describe the concepts of measurement validity and reliability;
- identify some of the advantages and disadvantages of various types of data; and
- describe some of the steps involved in conducting qualitative evaluations.
Jennifer Leeman, DrPH, MDIV
Co-Principle Investigator, Center TRT
Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, UNC Chapel Hill