Michelle Wood, MPP
Program Manager, Food Procurement and Policy
Choose Health LA
Division of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
3530 Wilshire Blvd., 8th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90010
- 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Improving the Food Environment through Nutrition Standards: A Guide for Government Procurement.
- Change Lab Solutions: Understanding Healthy Procurement: Using Government’s Purchasing Power to Increase Access to Healthy Food
- Robles, B., Wood, M., Kimmons, J., and Kuo, T. (2013). Comparison of Nutrition Standards and Other Recommended Procurement Practices for Improving Institutional Food Offerings in Los Angeles County, 2010–2012. Adv Nutr 4, 191–202.
- Kimmons, J., Wood, M., Villarante, J.C., and Lederer, A. (2012). Adopting Healthy and Sustainable Food Service Guidelines: Emerging Evidence From Implementation at the United States Federal Government, New York City, Los Angeles County, and Kaiser Permanente. Adv Nutr 3, 746–748.
- Gase, L., Kuo, T., Dunet, D., and Simon, P. (2011). Facilitators and barriers to implementing a local policy to reduce sodium consumption in the County of Los Angeles government, California, 2009. Peer Reviewed: Facilitators and Barriers to Implementing a Local Policy to Reduce Sodium Consumption in the County of Los Angeles Government, California, 2009. Prev Chronic Dis 8, 8, A33–A33.